Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Perception:

I was recently photographing Dani for her transformation challenge...I was looking at her lean, mean muscles and secretly wondering how I could not possibly be like that yet??

Seriously. I have been working out like a mad thing since last Nov. I have moved from 4kg weights to 10 and 12kg??  Anyway I got the courage up to ask Dani to snap me. I had to see for myself.

I was in my daggies. I had done bootcamp just a few hours previously. But I looked at the shot and was shocked. My muscles are HUGE. I have guns baby! ( Thanks Jac!)  I don't see that when I look in the mirror. I'm not sure what it is I see..But it certainly wasn't what you see below...


I know my body shape has altered.. But you adjust to looking at yourself as you currently are and always find the negative in whatever looks back at you? Well I do...

So from today I am going to look upon my form with new eyes..I will look for the positive changes..Knowing I can lift that 12kg plate from a squat to standing - repeatedly..Means my body must be different - better... I think we all should check out our perception of ourselves and be less critical...

And you know what?? I wasn't even really pumping it in the photo? Too shy - photographer - NOT model!!
Thanks Dani - for making me appreciate my hard work!

10 comments:

  1. Good on you .. you do look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing like a bit of self-congratulation early in the morning is there??? LOL

      Delete
  2. You are going great guns! Had to say it! :D WTG - you look fantastic!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look great that's for sure. I too have changed for the better I know (according to my clothes and scales) but like you said, there is always something else I want to change so will be ever be content? I guess that is the challenge too hey, to keep improving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will have to post some photos too Jas! I like felling healthy and strong!

      Delete
  4. Go girl!!! Now it will be our abs at the next photo shoot ;))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my??? Abs in the photo? Haven't had a photo of my abs since the days of no sunscreen and sleeping on the beach - I even had a belly button ring back then!

      Delete
  5. You do look awesome Celeste!!! All that hard work you have done in my bootcamp classes has certainly paid off big time. You work hard and always do what is expected. You continue to extend yourself with progression in weight and intensity. Hey look at the results they speak for themselves. We should always look at our bodies as a whole, not just at the bits we don't like. Keep up the fantastic work :-) Jac CRABTREE FITNESS PROFESSIONALS "fitting in fitness"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mwah! You are gorgeous! It's the bit that hurts that works - right???

      Delete