Monday, March 26, 2007

24 HR CROP!





It's Monday...which means that our 24hr crop for a cure is over! We started at 6pm on Friday night and finished at 6pm on Saturday night. I think there was about 26 ladies in attendance. So the shop was pretty chockers...Remembering the amount of stuff scrappers bring for a crop, you can imagine how much they brought to last 24hrs!

I was lucky enough to sit with the lovely Tracey and her cardmaking friend Julie - who kindly shared her huge bag of lollies with us across the 24hrs! Pizza for tea that night and one layout completed for me. 'Enjoy' worked out really well and I love the finished layout. It has gone straight to the top of my faves list!

I kept pushing through til about 2.30am...By that time my creativity was a wee bit sapped! I snuck out to the car in the rain, locked myself inside and snuggled under my doona for little nap. It was surprisingly cozy! The lovely ladies woke me at 7.00am by rocking the car side to side and yelling 'wake up' over and over!!!

Anyways after a fortifying serve of bacon and eggs I scrapped my way through the day. The little sleep really helped. The ladies who toughed it out and never slept were certainly looking a little worse for wear by Sat afternoon! Glazed eyes, spilled coffee etc.....

I completed 4 layouts and I am happy with all of them. I never rushed any and spent a lot of time on the details...which sometimes I forget to do!
Jo made a beautiful canvas, Tracey made 4 sweet jewellery boxes for her daughters, Julie made over 20 cards, Glenda altered a lunch pail, Bernie completed a Kim Archer challenge, Leanne scrapped her puppy, Julie Q made mini books for her kids, Jenny attempted to scraplift me (I think??), Stacey made a frame dedicated to her baby, Brooke made a multitude of stunning cards from scraps, Marilyn scrapped her grandson's birth photos, Sarah and PAm were right behind me and I have no idea what they did?? Hmmmm...layouts of their little boy though I am sure.....


That's about all I can remember..Well done ladies....We raised over $3000! Big thanks to Jenny, Stacey and Monicque for the mammoth task of organising the event and for bringing us snacks and copious amounts of coffee and food!

Long post...Bye for now!

Celeste xx

1 comment:

  1. hi celeste its stacey it was a great 24hrs we are already thinking about the next 1 we raised $5339.65allup not bad hey see you soon stacey

    ReplyDelete