You know those mornings you have? You know...Where you have a list of mundane boring tasks you have to do. And I mean have to do:
- five loads of washing ( if the girls want clean clothes for school ever again!)
- sweeping (if I ever want to see the floor again...)
- grocery shopping (if we want ever to eat again...)
- five little kidlets bags to unpack and fold away. ( if we ever want to holiday again.. Why?)
- my own bag to unpack ( if I want set a fine example...sigh...Do I really???)
- Diswasher to unpack ( if I want to see my sink again...)
- Dry clothes to fold and put away ( If I want to dry previously mentioned holiday washing.. this is critical. Damn.)
- menu planning for the week.. ( if we intend to actually go grocery shopping!)
And then there's the list of things you might actually like to do:
- scrapbook an online challenge...( but desk is to messy..)
- make a cute little canvas for my friends new baby girl.. (again desk way too messy.)
- cruise around other people's blogs leaving comments and wistfully looking into their orderly appearing lives...(secretly realising they are probably just like me...)
- get to your fitness class tonight before kids go to bed afer hubby gets home..(yeah right.)
- Call my girlfriend to chat about upcoming girls night away ..(sans children and hubby ..Is it really still four nights away???????)
And then I sit down to eat lunch. The washing is on .. The menu is done.. Making a start..My head still in a whirl..
And then my sweet three yr old sits beside me with an orange crayon and promptly draws an M. A true and honest M for her name. I cry..I cheer and she smiles...Glad to have made me so happy.
Happiness is restored. Nothing else matters really. I decide to blog this instead of folding washing...And I realise happiness can be found in the smallest of things and that I should let THESE moments wash over the rest..Always..
I intend to continue to document these little spurts of happiness and look for them in my everyday..
What is your little bit of happy today?
I didn't have a photo at hand of her M...But this my little happy from last week..Her and her handbag...