Thursday, September 15, 2011

Selfish...

I know..But I needed to take a day off and just scrap...I have piles of editing, washing and other things to do..But I sat and scrapped and I felt good:


Scrap The Girls Sept Challenge:

The challenge this month was to use bull dog clips..Funnily enough..I had just bought some to use at Rylan's party..So it worked well. You know, when I finished this layout I put aside and didn't really like it..But it's grown on me now..Plus I love the photo of Hallie. I have used a Little Yellow Bicycle fabric frame behind the photo.. I love the gramaphone and the material was a little bit of scrap that actually dictated the colour scheme...Basic Grey flower..yummy...

Kraft It Up:

Ha..Now this was more my colour scheme!! The challenge this month was to use fabric.Some lovely quilting fabric used here.Tick..And stitching..Sigh..I am so lazy with my sewing machine..But I got it out...Woohooo! ..A quick handmade tissue paper flower. Seriously - I held 4 sheets between fingers and cut a shape. Viola! Some really OLD American Craft Dear Lizzy bunting...

And one of my 'Daily Grind' shots..This is what Miss M does when I feed Rylan.. Lifts the top and breastfeeds..She then goes and puts Lucy down for her nap too. Every day...She sat down beside me today and I smiled at her. "You gonna take my photo today Mama? "..

Sweetheart..

12 comments:

  1. these are just gorgeous! LOVE those fabric bows:) and good on ya for taking some time for yourself...the washing can wait:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. GORGEOEUS!!!! I love your kraft it up LO....that is so cute that she sits beside you!!! xx Must catch up again soon....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both pages are gorgeous. I love the strips of fabric and just love the feeding story. Too cute.
    And good on you for the scrappy day. I need the same but I get a little side tracked with the computer....blog land....my addiction.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous pages love the fabric and the colours such great designs too...thanks for playing along at KIU

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your Scrap the Girls LO ~ you seem to have such an eclectic mix, but be able to bring them together really well - clever:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow your work is nothing short of amazing .. always inspiring and beautiful ... this KIU is my new fave of yours ... hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your pages Celeste, so soft and pretty with a lovely dreamy quality!! Thanks so much for joining in at KIU :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. these are lovely, love the fabric bows look fab and i love the layered strips you have happening on both layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never never ever feel guilty for taking time out for yourself Celeste. I am so glad you did too because your layouts are both beautiful. You have such photogenic children so it must make it a little easier to put your pages together. Love having you join in with us at KIU xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just L.O.V.E both layouts Celeste!!!!
    That Strip of Fabric is Divine.....
    Also Gorgeous Design!!
    A JOY for you to play along over @ KIU!!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sometimes it's simply important to be selfish ;) These are both such gorgeous layouts...love your use of the fabric & your colours are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's good to be selfish every now and then.

    Fabulous pages!!!!!!! Thanks for playing at STG :).

    ReplyDelete